Instagram

Labels

America (50) Canada (3) city trip (3) Europe (12) my happy place (15) road trip (54) solo travel (4) Switzerland (9) USA (50) winter (4)

Blog-Archiv

Mittwoch, 26. April 2017

St. Augustine

The weather was windy and the skies were cloudy on our way from Orlando to St. Augustine, a charming little Spanish village in northeastern Florida, which is the oldest (founded in 1565) consecutively inhabited European-founded settling in the Continental United States.

We strolled around the campus of Flagler College that used to be a hotel way back in time. We marveled at the architecture, it’s just beautiful. Right as we were standing at the entrance of the college it started to pour down pretty heavy.
The sun showed up again, if only for a short time, before it started to rain again. Once the rain stopped there was a pretty heavy wind. Nevertheless we enjoyed the beautiful sights St. Augustine has to offer, with all its pretty houses and rich history.
Love this pretty dream catcher.
Still feeling christmassy...
It got even stormier later in the day. Right before I wanted to head out, to attend a tour through town in the evening I got this warning on my phone.
 It got even stormier later in the day. Right before I wanted to head out, to attend a tour through town in the evening I got this warning on my phone. I must say, I was pretty scared, since I never got in to the situation, where I had to protect myself from a tornado. So I called the company of the tour. Since tornados are a common thing in the Southern States, even if not this time of year, it wasn’t a big thing for the organizers. They told me the tour will take place, since they only got the common warning and no specific one from the weather station, it should be fine. I really was torn. Finally I decided to go out, as the wind already has  lessened. I was still a little nervous though.

The tour was quite fun, as it was a ghost-tour. If you like it a little morbid, I highly recommend you to book a tour with Ghosts and Gravestones in St. Augustine I learned some pretty fascinating facts about the early life in St. Augustine and its history.
We even stopped by at an old jail house.

Afterwards I strolled a bit through the park with all its beautiful lit up trees.
It was only the next day, as we learned, that a tornado hit a town only about 30 km away and there were tornados all over the South.

















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen